Now, many people will tell you that you need a successful blog or to create a massive amount of content in order to generate affiliate commissions. But those are just a few ways to get traffic (content marketing).
There is also the paid route through using ad platforms like Google, Bing, YouTube, Facebook, solo ads, etc.
So ideally, you want to create content as well as try paid traffic.
Why? Because you never want to rely on a single traffic source. Plus, creating content requires a lot of time (for the most part). Plus, there’s no guarantee that you’ll rank up on the first page of a search engine or have your content seen.
Your focus needs to be on getting as many eyeballs and views on your content as possible.
Alternatively, paid traffic allows you to get an offer in front of highly interested people looking for what you have.
Now, here are some tips on becoming a successful affiliate marketer…
- Pick a niche or industry and focus on it — Don’t just pick random products and try to market them. It takes time to understand the audiences because they’re different in each niche. This also spreads your focus too thin and forces you to have to keep looking for new things to promote which is time-consuming and inefficient.
- Provide Value — Whether you’re creating free content or doing paid traffic, you want to provide value to your potential customer. If you help them, they’ll be more likely to buy through your affiliate links. You want to provide so much value that they feel like they owe it to you by using your affiliate/referral code.
- Create an Irresistible Offer — When it comes to selling your products or someone else’s as an affiliate, it’s important to think in terms of offersand not just products. Any 2 affiliates can promote the same exact product. However, if you learn how to package together an offer, that’s how you’ll win. An offer can include additional resources, customer support, free eBook etc. Basically, add in bonuses to sweeten up the deal for it to be a no-brainer for the person go through your link. Want an offer example? You can find one HERE.
- Build your email list — You can just create content and plant some affiliate links here and there and hope that someone clicks on them and purchases. But you should also learn how to find a way to exchange for someone’s email address so you can communicate and market to them down the road. One of the biggest costs in business is the cost to acquire a customer. So if you’re going to spend the time or money to convert someone into a customer, you want to make sure they spend money with you for years to come. And building and maintaining an email list is the best way to do that.
- Learn email marketing — After getting someone on to your email list, you’ll need to learn how to effectively communicate and market to your list. There has to be a balance between providing value and marketing to your list. You don’t want to constantly promote products because your audience will grow old of it and likely unsubscribe very quickly. Remember, you want long-term customers which will increase your lifetime customer value (LCV).
- Establish and maintain trust with your email list — I talk about it before but it’s so important that it needs its own bullet. Creating and maintaining trust with your list is so important because people buy from those they know, like, and trust. Despite additional tools like bots and messenger apps these days, email marketing is and will be vital in the future. So, focus on building your list and growing it for the years ahead.
Well, that wraps up these tips to become successful with affiliate marketing. I hope you got some value from it.